- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 pounds yellowfin tuna, finely chopped by hand
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- red onion rings and greens for serving, optional
- Place the tuna, mustard, basil, garlic, ginger and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Place the flour and salt on a large plate. Divide the tuna mixture into 4 patties and dredge them in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and when it is hot, add the oil. Add the patties and cook until rare on the inside and well browned ont he outside, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately garnished with the lime quarters and red onion rings and greens, if desired.