- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/diabetic-friendly-citrus-mace-pound-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 low-fat yellow cake mix, such as Sweet Rewards(r)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 - 11 ounces can mandarin oranges, well drained and chunked (reserve liquid)
- 2/3 cup reserved liquid from mandarin oranges
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoons mace (or nutmeg)
- 1 orange, cut in 20 slices
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, orange juice, reserved liquid, eggs and mace in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chunked mandarin oranges. Pour into Bundt pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish each serving with an orange slice.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat