- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/denise-thompson-s-easy-chocolate-truffles
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds of Belgian chocolate (or any brand of good quality chocolate)
- one quart of heavy cream
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup liqueur of choice, such as Grand Marnier
- cocoa powder
- Serves 4 (just kidding.... this makes over 2 pounds of truffles, but they are incredibly addictive)
- Melt chocolate and cream over a double boiler. Whisk in butter and liqueur. Continue to Whisk as the mixture cools and thickens. Pour into quart containers and refrigerate. To serve, scoop out with melon baller, roll in powdered cocoa.Â These truffles are very soft, so are not suitable for packaging as gifts.Â At the Back Door Cafe, they serve them as a dessert plate.