- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/deep-dark-chocolate-fudge-cheesecake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 7 chocolate sandwich cookies - 3 ounces or 90 g
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 16 ounces cream cheese - 2 packages
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Tip: Make sure your chocolate is cooled to room temperature after melting; otherwise you'll get streaks n your batter.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).Line a 6 inch cheesecake pan or springform pan with 3 inch sides with parchment paper.
- Prepare Crust: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process cookies until finely ground, about 20 seconds. You should have 3/4 cup. Transfer to a bowl and mix in butter. Press into the bottom of a cheesecake pan and freeze until filling is ready.
- Prepare Filling: In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate on medium (50%), stirring every 30 seconds, until soft and almost melted, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a clean food processor work bowl fitted with the metal blade, process cream cheese and sugar until smooth, about 20 seconds. With motor running add melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla through the feed tube and process until blended.
- Pour mixture over frozen crust, smoothing out sides of pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Bake in a preheated oven until it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and center has a slight jiggle to it, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hour before serving.
- Variations: Use white chocolate chips in place of the semisweet for a black and white cheesecake.