- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/deborah-madison-s-chilled-tropical-melon-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 pounds Galia Melon (see note above)
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut milk
- grated zest and juice of 1 large lime (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 serrano chile, minced, or 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai or cinnamon basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- small fresh basil or mint leaves for garnish
- Makes 1 Quart
- 1. Halve the melon, scoop out the seeds, and cut into 3-inch sections. Set 1 section aside. Slice the skin away from the flesh and purée the flesh.
- 2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the melon purée. Dice the reserved section into small pieces and add them to the soup. Chill well. Serve garnished with little sprigs of the basil or mint leaves.
Fruit, Other, Fruit, Fruit Soups, Cold Soups, Vegetarian, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Low Fat, Eating Light, Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Vegan