- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dean-and-deluca-s-polenta-with-wild-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dean and DeLuca's Polenta with Wild Mushrooms. Here's a side dish with elegance from Napa Valley Dean and Deluca store chef Tom Gray.
- 1 cup polenta or corn meal
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped Roasted Wild Mushrooms
- 8 fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 12 oyster mushrooms, stem removed and cut into quarters
- 2 portabello mushrooms, stems removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- enough olive oil to coat mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For polenta Bring water, milk and salt to a boil. Slowly whisk in corn meal to avoid lumps, whisking constantly. Cook approximately 30 minutes, stirring frequently, on low heat. Remove from heat and stir in butter, cheese and chives. Pour into molds or pour into a 1/2 sheet pan. Chill and cut into desired shapes. Reheat in a 350F oven with Roasted mushrooms on top.
- For mushrooms
- Combine mushrooms, garlic, herbs and olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper. Roast in a 350°F oven approximately 7-9 minutes. You can alternately, saut? the mushrooms. Serve over polenta.