- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 2, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/curry-pumpkin-and-walnut-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups cubed pumpkin (or 28 ounce can of pure pumpkin)
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 cups 2% milk
- plain yogurt, coriander sprigs, chopped, toasted walnuts for garnish
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper and cook, without browning, until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook one minute more. Stir in stock and bring to boil over medium high heat. Add pumpkin and simmer, over medium heat until pumpkin is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer pumpkin with liquid to blender, add walnuts and process in batches until smooth. The mixture will remain quite thick. Return pumpkin walnut purée to pot and slowly whisk in milk. Heat soup over low heat just until heated through. Do not bring back to boil or soup will separate. Serve in warmed bowls, garnished with a dollop of plain yogurt, a sprig of coriander and toasted walnut pieces.
- Nutrition information per serving: 410 calories, 26g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 36g total carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 15g protein.