- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/crostini-with-tomato-basil-topping
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 loaf (about 9 ounces) French or Italian bread (about 20 inches long)
- 1-1/4 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled (about 6 ounces)
- 1 large, fully ripened, fresh Florida tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1-1/4 C)
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped black olives (preferably imported)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- Makes about 20 Crostini
- Preheat oven to 450Â°F.
- Slice bread on the diagonal in 1-inch slices and place on a shallow baking pan in a single layer. Bake until toasted, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and press about 1 tablespoon feta cheese on each slice. In a bowl, combine tomato, olives, basil, balsamic vinaigrette and garlic until blended. Top bread slices with tomato mixture, dividing evenly. If desired, garnish each slice with a peeled, cooked small shrimp or a sliver of prosciutto. Serve immediately.
- Per piece: 72 calories 2 g protein 3 g fat 10 g carbohydrate
Hors, Snacks, Sandwiches and Wraps, Vegetarian, RV, Quick and Easy, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Finger Foods, Diabetic, Vegetable