- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/crispy-grilled-potatoes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, well scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Servings: 4 - 6 as a side dish or 8 - 10 as an appetizer
- Immerse potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water and boil for 20 minutes, depending on their size or until they are still slightly firm. Drain and cool.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut the potato halves into 1-inch slices. Carefully place the potato pieces on metal skewers.
- In small saucepan combine the olive oil and garlic and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Add salt and pepper. Remove the garlic clove.
- When ready to grill, prepare barbecue for medium heat grilling. Place potatoes on grill and baste with oil mixture. Grill about 8-10 minutes on each side or until the potatoes are brown and crisp on the outside and tender throughout. Serve with salt and pepper if desired.