- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 20, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/creamy-mushroom-crepes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup Whole meal or plain flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- Olive oil
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 1 1/5 cup soured cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- For the pancakes…
- 1. Heat the oven to 140°C, 275°F, Gas mark 1. In a mixing bowl add the flour, a pinch of salt, eggs and milk and whisk briskly until the mixture is smooth.
- 2. Pour the mixture into a jug.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add a small amount of batter and swirl it around the pan. Shake the pan so as the mixture does not stick. When the bottom of the pancake is lightly golden, use a palette knife to turn it pancake over.
- 4. Transfer to an oven proof plate and put the plate in the warm oven whilst you repeat the above process for the rest of the pancakes.
- For the Filling…
- 1. Wash and trim the mushrooms. Slice into fairly even sections. Put some butter in a frying pan and gently toss them in the oil.
- 2. Add the soured cream to the mushrooms along with a good squeeze of lemon juice. Add some salt and black pepper and the chives. Cook gently.
- 3. Divide the filling between each pancake and roll them up. Add a small knob of butter and garnish with more chives or a few sprigs of parsley.