- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/creamy-chicken-and-wild-pecan-rice-casserole
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 7 ounces Konriko Wild Pecan aromatic rice
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 ounces diced pimiento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and almonds and cook until almonds begin to brown lightly, about 4 minutes, stirring often. Stir in flour and Creole seasoning and blend well. Add broth and cream and mix well. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pimiento and parsley, then add chicken and rice. Blend well and spoon into a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.