- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cornmeal-blueberry-biscotti
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 9 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup currants or blueberries*
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- *If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before baking.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour and cornmeal to blend. Cut the butter into 9 pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse until the butter is blended into the dry ingredients. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the currants or blueberries.
- Beat the eggs, lemon zest if using, vanilla, and two tablespoons water into the dry ingredients. Divide the dough into 3 parts. Place the pieces of dough on a non-stick baking sheet. Shape each piece into a long rounded-top, flattened log, 2-1/2-inches x 8-inches x 1-inch. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the dough is a light gold. Let cool 5minutes.
- Cut each log diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Place the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti 5 minutes. Turn them over, and bake 5 minutes longer, until they are firm. Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely. Store the biscotti in a tightly covered tin. They will keep 1 to 2 weeks.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fat.