- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cookies-one-recipe-seven-variations
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The Basic Instructions:
- Cream all the ingredients but the flour and then gradually mix in the flour. Put in enough flour to make the cookies easily handled and rolled into a ball, which makes soft cookies. You can put in less flour if you want thinner, crispier cookies., or you can add a little more butter if you want thinner, chewier cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 350Â°F. 10-12 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
- Now for the fun part, take this basic and recipe and try these variations:
- Cookie Variations:
- Peanut butter Cookies Add 1/2 cup peanut butter to make peanut butter cookies -- you may need to add a little extra flour as well. Chocolate Chip Cookies Simply add chocolate chips and/or nuts to the basic recipe.
- Butterscotch Cookies You guessed it, add butterscotch chips. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Substitute 1 cup oatmeal for 1 cup of the flour, add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp milk and some raisins.
- chocolate Cookies Add 1/2 cup cocoa to make chocolate cookies -- add chocolate chips too if you really want to get devilish about it.
- Snickerdoodles Add 1 tsp cinnamon to the batter and then roll them into little balls and roll the balls in cinnamon-sugar moisture before baking.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies Make 1 batch of peanut butter and one batch of chocolate dough, roll them each out in a 1/4\" layer and place one layer on top of the other. Roll the layers up like a jelly-roll and slice them into 1/4\" slices to make peanut-butter chocolate pinwheel cookies. Refrigerating the dough to makes it easier to work with.
- (Note: You can bake the cookies on an ungreased sheet or lightly grease or spray with cooking spray.)