- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Coffee Ganache. This make ahead sauce is great over the Culinary Institute of America's grilled pound cake, ice cream, or other desserts.
- 2 tablespoons powdered instant espresso
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 2/3 cups finely chopped dark chocolate
- Makes 3 Cups
- 1. Stir together the instant espresso and boiling water until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the cream and the corn syrup in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the espresso. Pour the mixture over the chocolate and let sit, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted and the sauce is very smooth.
- 3. Keep warm until ready to use, or let cool to room temperature and store in a container with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Reheat chilled sauce over very low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave until warm enough to pour easily.