- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Coconut Curried Shrimp with Radish Wedges. This shrimp curry stir fry has a distinct tropical flair.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup slices green bell pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quartered radishes
- steamed rice (optional)
- Combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil until hot in a large skillet or wok. Add green pepper, reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until nearly crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp just turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add curry powder and cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in cream of coconut, lime juice, salt, cayenne, and reserved cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add radishes and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is clear, about 1 minute. Serve over steamed rice if desired.