- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/classic-cranberry-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice,
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- Put the water, sugar orange juice and zest in a saucepan and stir in sugar until dissolved, then add the cranberries and bring to the boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the berries begin to pop. Remove from heat and stir in the brandy. Chill until serving time.
- Makes about 4 cups