- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/classic-chocolate-chip-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional -- if nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips)
- Cream butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat egg into Creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into Creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake one baking sheet at a time for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 3 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.