- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Chicken spaghetti makes a wonderful meal for a crisp autumn night, or for a potluck dinner.
- 1 whole chicken fryer
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth (from pot)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1, 12-ounce package (3 cups) dry spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced.
- 6 to 10 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Boil whole chicken in 5 to 6 cups water about 30 minutes. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool.
- Debone chicken and remove meat from bone, cut meat into small pieces. Set aside. Reserve two cups of cooked chicken.
- Cook dried spaghetti, onion, bell pepper, and fresh mushrooms in 2 cups reserved chicken broth about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- Melt cheese and add canned tomatoes and green chiles in a large bowl. Fold in cooked chicken and vegetables. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more cheese in last few minutes of baking.