- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-zucchini-bundt-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Coat a 9\" bundt pan with cooking spray (or grease with shortening) and dust lightly with 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder.
- Shred zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat vigorously by hand until well blended. MIXTURE WILL BE VERY STIFF!
- Stir in shredded zucchini until well blended, pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Options: If desired, sprinkle with confectioner\'s sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate or top with whipped cream or ice cream. In the photo above we drizzled the cake with melted milk chocolate then sprinkled it with tiny candy decorations found in the supermarket -- you could also use jimmies -- either chocolate or multi-colored.