- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-snowball-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 recipe 7 Minute Icing (follow link for recipe)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut, tinted pink (follow link for directions)
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F and grease and flour two 8\" - 9\" round or heart shaped cake pans.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in center of dry ingredients, add remaining ingredients and mix at low speed until completely moistened. Increase speed and beat at high speed for about 3 minutes. Divide batter between the pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for about 5 minutes, before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- After cakes have cooled, frost with 7 Layer Icing, and press tinted coconut on top and sides.
- Hint: To keep the cake plate clean while applying the icing and coconut, overlap to pieces of waxed paper, by about a third, in the center of the cake plate. frost cake and apply coconut, then gently pull out the two pieces of paper and you have a finished cake and a clean cake plate!