- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-rum-mousse-pie
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
An easy, elegant, and deliciously creamy no-bake...ready in minutes and perfect for your holiday party!
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum flavored extract
- In a small bowl, scatter gelatin onto cold water; let stand 1 minute to soften. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved. It must be in liquid form when you add it to the pie filling. If it stiffens up, microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then stir until lump free.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and pudding mix. Stir in 2 cups cream, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon rum extract. Beat for 30 seconds with an electric mixer on low, then beat on high until stiff peaks form. Slowly mix in gelatin mixture until blended. Pour filling into pie crust.
- In a small, chilled bowl, beat 1 cup cream with confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons rum extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over chocolate filling. Chill at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.