- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars. This bar cookie recipe is easy to make but gets rave reviews from everyone who tries them.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- about 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Prepare the crust by mixing together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, 2 knives, or a food processor, cut the butter into flour mixture until you get a bowl of coarse crumbs (this step is like making pie dough, so click Pie Crust link below if you're new to this). Add just enough milk, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture begins to hold together without being wet. Refrigerate crust for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- bake crust about 10 minutes -- just until set and barely beginning to brown.
- Prepare filling by combining butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, continue boiling, uncovered, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla. Spread the pecan mixture evenly over the baked crust. Return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes -- until the edges are brown and the filling is bubbly and deep brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 4-5 minutes before sprinkling the chocolate chips over the top. Let the chocolate melt slightly, then use a knife or offset spatula to spread the chocolate over the top surface -- don't worry if it's not even, there should be some toffee showing through. Sprinkle the chocolate with remaining chopped pecans.
Let cool completely before cutting onto small bars.