- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 27, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-hazelnut-with-frangelico-fondue
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup hazelnut butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Frangelico or other hazelnut liqueur
- Makes 16 Servings or 4 Cups
- Place the chocolate and hazelnut butter in a large heatproof bowl and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the cream, salt, and sugar and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate mixture. Let the mixture sit for several minutes, then whisk gently until smooth and the chocolate is completely melted. whisk in the liqueur, then pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer immediately to fondue pot and serve.
- Serve With: toasted baguette cubes; marshmallows; banana chunks; strawberries; shortbread cookies; marble cake or sour cream pound cake cubes; chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- Beverage Suggestions: Malmsey Madeira; black muscat; Marsala.