- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-creme-brulee
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 6 ounces good quality chocolate finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- small amount of sugar for caramelizing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Bring cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and add vanilla seeds and chocolate. Let rest in order for the chocolate to melt. Add cooled cream mixture to sugar and yolk mixture and blend.
- Place mixture in ramekins then place ramekins in a bain marie (water bath). Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove and chill.
- Just before serving, spread a thin layer of sugar evenly over the top of the ramekins. Use a propane torch to quickly caramelize the sugar on top of the cooled custard. You can alternately caramelize the sugar under a broiler (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn too much).