- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-cream-puffs-with-strawberry-truffle-filling
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping
- whole fresh strawberries for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter in the boiling water. Add flour, cocoa, sugar and salt while stirring vigorously. Cook until mixture forms a ball that won\'t separate. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Drop about 1/4 cup batter for each puff on a greased baking sheet. Space puffs about 3 inches apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and jam until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate then stir in whipped topping.
- When puffs have been removed from oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, then split them in half and remove any soft dough inside. Cool completely. Fill with cream cheese mixture and garnish with fresh strawberries.