- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-covered-truffles
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds real semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup non-dairy coffee creamer, any flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds real milk chocolate for dipping
- 1 cup finely chopped chocolate, milk or semisweet for decoration
- Makes about 3 dozen Truffles
- Melt semisweet chocolate in double boiler over hot water. Heat butter, creamer and vanilla in another saucepan to 125Â° F on a candy thermometer. Add to semisweet chocolate all at once, beating until smooth and creamy. Chill in refrigerator until nearly set but still pliable. Beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Spread in 9 inch buttered pan until set enough to roll into small balls. Melt milk chocolate over double boiler. Dip truffles in melted chocolate, then sprinkle generously, or roll in, chopped chocolate.