- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-covered-cherries
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Quick and easy delicious cherries to serve at holiday parties. Allow the candies to ripen for 1 to 2 weeks for best taste.
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 pound chocolate confectioners coating
- Rinse and drain cherries. Place on paper towels to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and knead to form a dough. Chill to stiffen if needed. Wrap each cherry in about 1 teaspoon of dough. Chill until firm.
- Melt confectioners' coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Dip each cherry in by the stem, and place on waxed paper lined sheets. Chill until completely set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 1 or 2 weeks.