- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 22, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-pecan-pancakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for griddle if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- basic chocolate syrup (click here for recipe)
- Prepare the syrup, set aside.
- Prepare the pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and then stir in the milk and vanilla. Stir in the melted butter. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the batter is thick. Lumps are fine. Avoid over-mixing.
- Preheat a griddle and brush it with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the surface of the griddle for each pancake. As soon as the batter sets a little, sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. When bubbles come to the surface, flip the pancakes and cook for approximately 1 minute more. Remove to serving plates, dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar, and drizzle with warm chocolate syrup.