- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-truffles
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 package (6ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Optional coatings:
- cocoa powder
- chopped nuts
- confectioner's sugar
- flaked coconut
- Makes About 3 Dozen Truffles
- 1. Place chocolate morsels in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. (The bits won't look as if they are melting, but they are.) Stir the bits around with a spoon, leaving a space in the middle. Microwave on HIGH another 30 seconds and stir again until smooth and creamy. If lumps persist, microwave another 15-20 seconds on HIGH, then stir again.
- 2. Add peanut butter to melted morsels and stir to blend. Add evaporated milk and blend well. Chill mixture one hour in the refrigerator.
- 3. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and form into balls. Roll in desired coatings. Refrigerate until serving.