- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chilled-cucumber-dill-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry or champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream or your own tofu sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard or cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 red radishes, trimmed and chopped
- sprigs of dill, for garnish
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and dice the cucumbers.
- Transfer the cucumbers to a blender or food processor. Add the dill, mustard, vinegar, sour cream and pepper. Purée until it is completely smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and toast them until they turn gray, taking care to not burn them. You may need to partially cover the pan to keep the seeds from jumping out. Remove them from the heat and let cool.
- Just before serving, stir half the chopped radishes into the soup. Ladle the soup into shallow rimmed plates. Sprinkle with the remaining radishes, sprigs of dill and the mustard seeds.