- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chilled-asparagus-with-mustard-herb-vinaigrette
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds asparagus
- Mustard Herb Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons white wine or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper as needed
- dash of onion powder
- dash of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- 2. Trim the asparagus to remove the white fibrous ends. Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces on the diagonal.
- 3. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook until the spears are bright green and just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. (If necessary, cook the asparagus in batches.) Drain the asparagus in a colander and rinse with cold water until the asparagus is chilled. The asparagus is ready to dress and serve now, or it can be held in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
- 4. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, parsley, tarragon, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until blended. Add the oil to the vinegar mixture in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- 5. Toss the chilled asparagus with the vinaigrette or pass it separately on the side. Serve immediately on a chilled platter or plates.
Vegetable, Asparagus, Vegetarian, Camping, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Low Fat, Eating Light, Valentines Day, Passover, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Vegetable, Vegan, FabulousFoods.com