- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 26, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chili-rubbed-tilapia-with-asparagus-and-lemon
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound tilapia, Pacific sole or other firm white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- 1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate, spreading out to cool.
- 2. Combine chili powder, garlic powder and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opaque in the center, gently turning halfway, 5 to 7 minutes total. Divide among 4 plates. Immediately add lemon juice, the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and asparagus to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the asparagus is coated and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve the asparagus with the fish.
- Per serving:
- 210 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrate; 24 g protein; 4 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 645 mg potassium
- Nutrition bonus:
- Vitamin C (37% daily value); Folate (33% dv); Iron (33% dv); Fiber (24% dv); Healthy Weight; Lower Carbs