- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chicken-paillards-with-orange-thyme-butter
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil for brushing
- Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Pull away the tenderloin from the underside of each breast and reserve for another use. Make a cut through the thickest part of the breast to butterfly it. Open each breast between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap and pound it to an even 1/4-inch thickness to make a paillard.
- Prepare a grill for a hot fire. Season the paillards with salt and pepper and brush lightly with oil. Grill on the first side until marked, 1-2 minutes. Tun and grill on the second side until the edges of the paillards are white and the surfaces appear moist -- 1 to 2 minutes more. Top each paillard with a slice of the compound butter and serve.