- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Turkey or Chicken Florentine. Here's an easy and delicious way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. Keep it handy after Thanksgiving.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well, then arrange in the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Reduce heat and add cheese and cream, stirring over low heat until cheese melts. Mix in cooked chicken or turkey and pour over spinach. Sprinkle top of casserole with bread crumbs. Can be refrigerated at this point. Dot casserole with remaining butter. Bake for 15 minutes then use the broiler to lightly brown the top.