- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
A delicious veggie breakfast treat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 4 cups cooked chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough. On a floured surface; roll out to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Place in pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon cauliflower into crust; top with almonds. In a blender, mix eggs, milk, mayonnaise, 1-1/4 cups cheese, nutmeg and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Pour over almonds; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.