- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/carrie-levin-s-bacon-tomato-gruyere-omelette
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Carrie Levin's Bacon, Tomato, Gruyere Omelet. This classic flavor combination makes an outstanding omelet. A favorite at Carrie's Good Enough To Eat restaurant.
- 2 teaspoons clarified butter
- 1 ounce (1 1/2 slices) of cooked bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) grated Gruyere cheese (don't pack it down!)
- 1 ounce (1/2 of a small) plum tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- After the butter is good and hot in the pan, scatter in the bacon. Shake the pan once to make sure the bacon is not sticking. Now pour in the beaten eggs. Tilt and pull a couple of times and sprinkle in the cheese, keeping it well in the eggs. Pull a couple more times to cook to desired doneness. Scatter in the tomato pieces, avoiding the edge of the pan. Immediately (almost!) de-pan the omelette, flipping it into a half circle on your warmed plate. The tomatoes will be sufficiently warmed being folded into the omelet at the end of the process and shouldn't be cooked so much as to hrefease their water. Water in the pan will cause sticking.