- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
These little savory bonbons are a must have appetizer. They are little delicious bites of heaven.
- 1 fine camembert
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup potato starch (if you can not find this product you can repalce with corn starch)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- ground pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Place your sauce back on the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour this mixture on a greased tray and level it to a thickness of 3/4 to 1-inch.
- Allow to cool down for at least one hour.
- Divide the clod mixture into little rectangular pieces.
- Using you (clean) finger, roll these into the shape of bonbons (rounded rectangles).
- Then pass them first through the flour, then the egg wash and finally in the bread crumb.
- Put them in the fridge to rest for 1/2 hour.
- Heat up the oil to 360 degrees.
- Deepfry the bonbons until they are golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain the grease off.
- Serve the bonbons hot.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter down, then add the flour-potato starch mix and whisk in cold milk. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Trim down the crust of the cheese and cut the cheese into small dice.