- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Buffalo Style Chicken Wings. This recipe is my version of the Original Buffalo Chicken Wings, from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 - 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- First Prepare the Wings
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock). Don't get intimidated at this process, it's very easy. See links below
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375Â° degrees F. Fry wings for approximately 8 minutes (turn once during cooking if using skillet). Transfer wings to a paper towel, and let drain. Season with salt and white pepper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter then stir in hot sauce and vinegar.
- Place the drained wings in a large mixing bowl. Pour butter mixture over chicken wings and toss to coat. Place wings in a baking dish and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until wings are completely cooked.
While the chicken wings are baking, and cut up some celery sticks.