- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This main course pasta recipe is great for those wanting to prepare dinner for a crowd but it doesn't take a long time at all, so you have more time to spend with your guest or family.
- 8 ounces of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound bucatini
- 3/4 cup grated pecorino romano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil salted water for bucatini.
- In a large skillet, cook the prosciutto until lightly crisp.
- Add onion, italian seasoning and very little salt.
- Cook the onion mixture, stirring occasionally, until it is brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook the bucatini in the boiling salted water until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta.
- Add prosciutto mixture to the pasta in a large pot.
- If sauce is to thick add more pasta water.
- Serve immediately with pecorino romano.