- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/brown-sugar-peach-ice-cream
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 large peaches, puréed or chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Makes About 1 Quart
- To peaches, add 1/2 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice. Set aside, covered in refrigerator.
- In medium saucepan combine milk, eggs, and remaining sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 15 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Chill. Stir peaches in cream mixture and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instrcutions.