- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/broiled-tomatoes-stuffed-with-goat-cheese-and-pesto
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes. These tomatoes make a spectacular side dish, or serve them on a bed of angel hair pasta with pesto sauce for a wonderful vegetarian entree.
- 4 medium sized, ripe fresh tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese
- 4 teaspoons pesto sauce (see recipe links below)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the top of each tomato and hollow out the inner core and seeds, leaving a thick shell. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place in oven for about 4-5 minutes or until warm and soft. Remove from the oven. Fill each tomato with 1/4 of the goat cheese then drizzle each with 1/4 of the pesto sauce. Place under hot broiler for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and serve at once.