- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/broccoli-and-red-pepper-frittata
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk (use cream if you're following a low carb diet like Atkins)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat an omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Add broccoli, red pepper, onion and water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and return vegetables to pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, cheese, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour mixture over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, until eggs are completely set in center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.