- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped shallots (3 to 4 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut from 4 to 5 medium ears
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/4 cups chopped scallions
- salt and pepper
- paprika to serve
- 1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- 3. Add the corn kernels and sauté until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add 1/3 cup of cream and the bourbon and simmer the sauce, stirring often, until it thickly coats the corn, about 2 minutes.
- 5. Add the remaining 1/3 cup cream and 1 cup scallions, and simmer the mixture until the sauce thickens enough to coat the corn kernels, about 2 minutes longer.
- 6. Season the creamed corn to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup scallions. Sprinkle with paprika for color, and serve.