- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/blueberry-onion-sauced-pork-tenderloin
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 to 1 pound pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup port wine or sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Preheat broiler. Broil pork, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove to a platter, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add onions and salt and pepper and cook until onions are golden, about 10 minutes. Add sugar and cook until onions are caramelized, about 3 minutes longer. Add port or sherry, balsamic vinegar, blueberries and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Thinly slice pork and serve with the sauce.