- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/blueberry-and-custard-filled-star-puffs
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 sheet (from a 17 ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (3 3/8 ounces) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (1 pint)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- confectioner's sugar
- To prepare stars Carefully unfold puff pastry on a work surface. With a rolling pin, roll pastry out 1/2" wider than its original dimension. Using a 3" star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 stars. With a spatula place stars 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer stars to a wire rack, cool slightly. Using a sharp knife, cut stars in half, horizontally, cool completely.
- To prepare sauce In a medium bowl place pudding mix and milk. Using an electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- In another medium bowl combine blueberries, sugar, mint and orange zest. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Using a small strainer sprinkle tops of stars with confectioner's sugar, set aside.
- To serve On each dessert plate place 2 star bottoms, spoon 1/3 cup sauce and 1/3 cup blueberries onto stars and top with reserved star tops.