- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/black-bean-salad-in-avocado-boats
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 serrano chilis, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned (in that order of preference)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, pits removed and cut in half (optional)
- Drain black beans and put in a medium sized bowl. Chop remaining vegetables into bowl. Add chili powder, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Mix well. Can be made one day ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serving Suggestion
- Serve as a side dish in avocado boats. Peel an avocado and cut in half. Remove the pit. Sprinkle with vinegar or lemon juice, so the avocado doesn't turn brown. Fill depression from the pit with black bean salad.