- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/black-bean-and-tofu-enchiladas-for-the-freezer
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Filling Mixture:
- 1 cup small cut zucchini
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 6 ounces frozen tofu, thawed and water drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilis, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 24 medium flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Makes 12 Dinners -- 2 Enchiladas Each
- Blanch zucchini and any other fresh raw vegetables. Drain and let cool. Mix all filling ingredients together.
- If serving on rice, prepare rice and divide between twelve freezer containers.
- Put 1/4 cup of filling mixture in the center of a tortilla, roll up and place seam side down on the bed of rice (or in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, if not using rice). Follow with a second enchilada. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle each dish with 2 teaspoons grated cheddar cheese. Wrap well and freeze.
- When you're ready to eat dinner, here's how to cook your enchiladas:
- Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 350° F and place wrapped frozen dinner on a baking sheet. Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted, remove wrapping during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Microwave Oven: Cook on high for 3 minutes, cook on medium for about 3 minutes more or until heated through.
- Finishing Touches: Garnish with some low or no fat sour cream and chopped cilantro before serving.