- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 25, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/bite-sized-ny-cheesecake-squares
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Ingredients for Crust
- 1 cup, 2 sticks, unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Ingredients for Filling
- 3, 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Confectioners sugar for dusting, if desired
- Directions for crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a half sheet pan (about 12 x 18-inches) with parchment paper, allowing a couple of inches of paper to extend out of the pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together; add flour and walnuts and mix just until mixture is crumbly; reserve 3 cups, loosely packed, for topping. Press remaining crumble mixture evenly over bottom of baking tray. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Mix cinnamon into the reserved 3 cups of topping.
- Directions for filling
- Combine cream cheese and sugar and beat well; add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until smooth. Pour filling over baked crust and sprinkle reserved crumbs evenly over top. Bake until cheese is set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for a few minutes; then, use the overhanging parchment paper to carefully slide the cheesecake pastry out of the tray onto a large cutting board. Cut into squares and cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving, if desired. (Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 days, or wrap airtight and freeze for up to 3 months.)