- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/beer-batter-for-fried-fish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Beer Batter for Fish. In order to make true fish and chips, you'll need to use lard. The only way to get British "chips" flavor is to use the hot lard.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons beer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites
- Pour flour into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add in egg yolk, beer and salt. Mix well. Mix milk and water together and add to flour mixture, gradually stirring until smooth. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold into mixture.
- Dip fish pieces into batter and fry in hot oil.