- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe to cook Beefy Cowboy Beans. Here is a perfect hearty side dish for hungry appetites.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 1" crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.